"RUINS" is a new sound work by Franz Rosati. It is centered on che concept of "ruin" intended as what remains of a collapsed structure, in social, physical and psychic meaning.
What we define a "ruin", and not a mere debris *, is not a collection of wasted parts of an original object, but something withstanding a transfiguration process over the time, in which only the strongest parts, the basis, endure and reconfigure themself.
The sounds used on CD and live performance come from new and old field recordings, rehearsals for concerts gathered during the 2010-2014 period, scraps and drafts.
Conversely from old releases such as, for example, "Theory Of Vortex Sound" (Ripples Recordings, 2011), "RUINS" is the first one not to come out from the result of a collection of improvisations without further and significant post-editing.
* Marc Augè, "Le Temps En Ruines", 2003.
released April 28, 2014
• Mastering: Giuseppe Ielasi
• Guitars on track #6: Filippo Mazzei from Vonneumann / Routine
• Special Thanks: Imago Meccano, Fabio Perletta (layout, typesetting)
• Artwork / Images by Franz Rosati from RUINS A/V live visuals